Monday, May 9, 2011

Cheery

Now that the warm weather has FINALLY arrived, I feel... Cheery. That seems like the right word. It also seems like the right word to describe my new front porch display.



You should make one.  
I wrapped a wreath with sackcloth, hot glued on some flowers and sewed a tiny bunting (you could make a paper one). I bought a gold frame and used a dry brush technique to paint it. You simply dip your brush in paint and wipe it on a piece of cardboard until most the paint is off, then swipe it across the frame. It should leave some of the gold from underneath and give it a distressed look without all the work of a stain. 

5 comments:

SewSara said...

that's really darling!
i came over from quiltstory :)

Kathy said...

wow great job! I am trying to link this a.m. and my computer won't let me..so I am enjoying this party even though I can't come

Tammy @ Type A said...

so cute, i love it. thanks for sharing this at my party!

Melissa said...

love the wreath!
Thanks for sharing at Its Sew Fun Tuesday!

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

So love this! The wreath is super cute and I really like the way you displayed it with the frame too!