Friday, June 17, 2011

Besties

It's kind of nice to have another girl around the house these days. She really gets what "girly" is all about. After all she has been wearing that bracelet since she was 4 months old and it has NEVER come off.

I pulled out a bin of clothes in her next size up and she got so excited. (who knew?)  She would pull out each piece, put it on her head, then say something in a high pitched baby language to which I would respond "oh! it's so cute", she would then laugh and throw the article at me.  This continued for about 20 minutes (or until she could no longer reach the clothes in the bin).


I must say, I cherished every single second of this little "moment" together. It was like a preview into what I hope our relationship will be when she gets older. I want to laugh and talk and shop together. It already feels like she's my best friend. Not to say I don't adore the Boys in my life, but there's just something special about a Mother-Daughter relationship, isn't there? I'm thinking I really really love it.

4 comments:

The Baldwin's said...

I'm so with you on this! She's just the most darling girl! Just like her momma!

Jami said...

such a sweet post!

Kelly said...

i want a daughter. sounds so FUN!

Beeps said...

What a neat post! Thanks for sharing :)