Monday, June 13, 2011

Father's Day Gift Ideas

I often rely on Marthastewart.com for good crafting, decorating and entertaining ideas, but while browsing her site I found a "gifts for dad" section and was seriously impressed. I still don't know what to buy my Dad and Dad-in-law, but the Hubbie is now officially covered (and he's hard to shop for).

I ordered him the iGrill. He puts his steak on the grill then inserts the probe and it wirelessly connects with his iPhone to tell him the temperature of his steak. (to me this is pointless, but then again he doesn't question the number of shoes in my closet) I also loved this homemade BBQ sauce idea, so the two will go together. Have any good sauce recipes?


I also found this awesome site (flipclips.com) that sells flip books made from clips of your own uploaded videos. Is that cool or what?! I haven't seen a flip book in a coon's age.  I created one from some footage of Steve and Alfie surfing together in Lake Powell.


So, Thanks Martha for the great ideas!  One problem.  After ordering both gifts and being informed they won't be here until well after Father's Day, I had to come up with something to present him with (other than printed receipts from said purchases).  I asked Alfie all the things he loved about his dad and wrote them down. I have begun creating a mini-album with each page dedicated to a different adoration. I've never been an excellent paper-crafter, but I know Steve will love it. Here it is thus far:

  


Don't you love those mini polaroids?

 Compliments of my new best friend, the Instax mini 7S camera.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Oh some great gifts for dad there!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

wow - this is cool - I have a passion for albums...found you via the Monday link ups. I posted something similar - stop by if you have a chance

tina
embellishments by tina
have a great week.

Angela Toucan said...

fabulous scrapbook album

Ashley Tremaine said...

That is beautiful!! Great job!

Rosa B. said...

Found your site through Somewhat Simple.
Love the mini album! The scrabble tiles look great! What a fantastic job! I'm sure he will love it! :)

Amanda O'Banion said...

Those mini albums are amazing! And I'm so jealous because I am drooling over that camera and have been ever since seeing it on Ali Edwards' site! You have a wonderful blog, keep up the great work!

Amanda
Our Life on a Marquee
www.theobanions.blogspot.com

Antonella said...

Your mini album is so neat - I love the polaroids and the handwritten "likes" - how cute "eat together" - those simple pleasures that mean so much to them! You've done a great job! I followed you from the WhipperBerry Friday Flair where I've linked up too if you want to stop by. Hugs, antonella :-)