I've been seeing these scarfs at American Apparel and Modcloth lately. Why didn't I invent these? Really, I mean, all it is is a scarf with a little wire inside. Voila! One accessory to give you countless looks. Genius.
To make your own you will need:
two 33"x 2.5" Strips of fabric
one 32" piece of floral wire
Sewing Machine, Thread, blah blah blah
1. Stack fabric strips Right Sides Together and use a rotary cutter to trim ends at a diagonal (or round them like I did).
2. Sew a quarter inch seam around each edge of the strips, leaving a 2" opening in the center of one of the long sides.
3. Turn the scarf right side out through the opening and press. Press the raw edges of the opening under to hide it.
4. Put a small piece of duct tape on each end of the floral wire (to prevent it from poking through the fabric) and insert through the opening.
5. Sew 1/8" away from the raw edge to close the opening. and go enjoy your new scarf!