Friday, October 2, 2009

Coverlet

Among my big box of projects that I have to finish or have not yet finished lay these little blocks of fabric. I have continually avoided these dainty darlings for one simple reason. I am in the middle of sewing another quilt already (by hand actually), and seeing how it's taking longer than it would to build a house I have put if off time and time again
Carpe Diem!

I Started ANOTHER quilt. I may be deranged, but I am so sick of that box taking up space in my project room that I sewed each piece together in a row, then I sewed all those rows together, added a border of some extra fabric I had laying around and displayed it a top my favorite piece of furniture. It's just a quilt top really, but there was no way I was going to toss that thing back into the "box" Just to make it wait another 6 months to get finished.

Dear Quilt,
I Promise You that Someday I will finish you with love and the greatest of care in my stitches, but for today you should feel privileged to be boasted on such an exquisite piece of furniture.
God be with you 'til we meet again.


3 comments:

Jill said...

Love the quilt, love the couch...the doll creeps me out a little...:-)

Sophia said...

Love your new halloween header! Perfectly adorable!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh my--do you always sew by hand? I've finished my quilt top but it's just hanging from the door frame right now because I've never machine quilted before and I'm afraid to screw it up. Usually I hand-tie, but I don't have a frame handy and it's too big to use a small hoop.