Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mother-in-law

Now you know where the Hub gets his good looks
I've been thinking about Steve's Mom a lot lately.
See her beautiful smiling face in this picture?
She literally always looks like that.  
It's hard to describe her, because there really isn't a collection of words that can capture who she is.
You've heard people say "they would do anything for anyone", but I've never met a person who truly lives up to that statement, until I met Steve's Mother.   
She's kind of amazing.
She's been through a lot too.
She fell off a cliff at Lake Powell a few years ago and sustained a brain injury. She had brain surgery and a difficult recovery and now on top of that she's dealing with Breast Cancer.
Sometimes life seems a little unfair, but I imagine when god was handing out trials she kept raising her hand, "oh, I'll take that one, and that one too." Because she is just that way.

6 comments:

JustPam said...

She is beautiful. Lifting her up in prayer.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

This post brought some serious tears to my eyes. LOVE Aunt Terry. She truly is one of a kind.

Laura Lowe said...

She sounds like a great person.

Following from the Wandering Wednesday Hop. Hope you'll visit me at http://everythingbeautifulinitstime.com!

Angelina @ April Violet said...

This is such a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. Will say a prayer for her and your family :hugs:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

This is so beautiful. Yes, it hard to understand trials. Our family has had many too. I'm saying a prayer for her and your whole family as you support her through this. I'm sure she will be so blessed to read this post.

Unknown said...

she is beautiful. period. :)