Monday, August 6, 2012

Pattern Review: Olivia Top by Pink Fig Patterns


Finished Top:

This top only took me about 1 to 2 hours to make from start to finish.  I was a little intimidated about the shirring, because though I've read about it in a zillion books, I've never actually done it before, but I cannot believe how very simple it really is. This pattern is a great way to start and had clear directions that made it quite simple.  The pattern has a couple different views to choose from, and you can see I didn't choose the view on the cover, because I really wanted a ruffle on the bottom. I also decided not to do the shirring on the sleeves and I really love how it turned out. It looks like a completely different top, which is nice because I know I can make this top again and again and it will look like a new pattern each time. I would definitely recommend this pattern to anyone who wants a quick garment with minimal effort.




Oh yes, Next week I'll be posting a tutorial on how to sew shirring, so if you still feel nervous, stay tuned.

No comments: